Deadline October 22, 2010
The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) is looking for an individual to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary team of professionals who are committed to delivering impartial evidence-based information, recommendations and advice on health technologies to benefit all Canadians.
Using your strong leadership skills and ability to focus on long term strategy, you will support CADTH programs, products and services in order to maximize their impact and uptake. You have the ability to foster strong relationships and partnerships with CADTH customers and stakeholders. You will lead a multi-disciplinary team focused on promoting the adoption of CADTH’s products and services to meet customer needs and on delivering CADTH’s outreach programs.
Reporting to the Vice President, Programs, the Director Impact, Partnerships and Outreach has overall responsibility for the following:
- Increasing the uptake of CADTH’s products and services by healthcare practitioners and healthcare decision makers;
- Raising the level of awareness about health technology issues and related policy analysis;
- Creating awareness and promoting the use of CADTH products and services to ensure alignment with customer needs;
- Leading and managing CADTH’s outreach programs to support the uptake and impact of CADTH products and services
- Leading and supporting the CADTH Liaison Program
- Ensuring CADTH products reflect and meet stakeholders needs and priorities;
- Enhancing information-sharing, collaboration and linkages between and among CADTH and the jurisdictions;
- Developing and implementing CADTH’s impact strategy and the ongoing planning, monitoring and impact evaluation of CADTH’s products and services; and,
- Creating a network of contacts across Canada that actively support the use of evidence-based information in decisions about health technologies
You have a degree in health-related discipline along with at least 8-10 years of relevant experience in the health care sector. Three to five years experience managing professional staff in relevant disciplines and developing new programs are imperative plus experience establishing networks and/or communities in the health care system. A Master’s of Public Administration/ Health Administration or equivalent is considered an asset.
An understanding of knowledge exchange and its applications and tools is essential; as well as understanding concepts and issues in health technology within the various jurisdictions.
Other requirements include strong leadership, planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage staff remotely. The ability to prioritize needs, to respond rapidly to customer needs and maintain a broad national perspective among the various jurisdictions is essential.
The Director must have the following:
- broad knowledge and experience in the development and understanding of overall impact of health policy at the federal and/or jurisdictional levels;
- strong understanding of the social and political challenges and issues that decision makers face regarding development of health policy in Canada;
- strong strategic planning skills to contribute to the development of strategic and operational plans for an evolving program area;
- proven ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment and to establish credibility, trust, and collaborative working relationships;
- ability to listen, consult, negotiate, facilitate, influence and implement decisions;
- ability and experience in managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities as well as managing and facilitating change;
- agility to modify approaches/direction to fulfill organizational mandate while responding to the unique needs of regional jurisdictions, health authorities and health care practitioners;
- knowledge of the Canadian health care system and health professional communities;
To apply for this opportunity, visit the career section of our website at http://www.cadth.ca/careers and submit your application by end of business day on October 22, 2010.