Deadline October 22, 2010
The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) is looking for an individual to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary team of professionals who are committed to delivering impartial evidence-based information, recommendations and advice on health technologies to benefit all Canadians.
CADTH is seeking a Manager, Program Development – Central Intake to join the Programs Directorate at CADTH. Using your strong organizational and planning skills, you will lead CADTH’s central intake process to support CADTH programs, products and services to meet customer requirements and maximize impact.
Reporting to the Director, Environmental Scanning and Program Development, the manager, has overall responsibility for the following:
- Overseeing and managing the triage of all project requests received through Central Intake
- Assessing and determining the type of CADTH product required to meet the needs of the customer for requested projects (e.g., environmental scan, rapid response, optimal use)
- Ensuring that the customer’s request is handled in a timely manner in accordance with established quality standards
- Leading project scoping and topic refinement for non theme related project requests to ensure research questions are developed to meet customer needs within a well defined project scope
- Conducting the final approval for formulary submissions screening and is the key point of contact for industry on formulary submission guidelines and procedure-related questions
- Monitoring, developing and revising processes to ensure that the Central Intake maximizes its operational efficiency to meet CADTH customer requirements.
- Taking a systems wide approach to overseeing and monitoring pending formulary submissions to ensure that product development at CADTH takes into consideration formulary theme trends and environmental scanning.
You have a graduate degree in a health related discipline (e.g. Pharmacy) plus at least 4 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical-related field.
The manager requires:
- thorough understanding of the Canadian health care system and knowledge of the federal/provincial/territorial (F/P/T) drug plans, formulary management, and decision-making process.
- knowledge/understanding of drug therapy, pharmacoeconomic and drug evaluation principles
- excellent oral and written communications skills and relationship building skills;
- ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and understand their diverse interests.
- strong organizational skills to ensure goals and timelines are met and quality levels are maintained along with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- leadership skills to lead and manage the work of a multidisciplinary team
- ability to problem solve using research, logic and evaluative judgement
- team orientation with flexibility and versatility to operate in a collaborative work environment.
To apply for this opportunity, visit the career section of our website at http://www.cadth.ca/careers and submit your application by end of business day on October 22, 2010.