Deadline October 29, 2010
Regular Part-Time (.5fte)
The Volunteer Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of CCHC’s Volunteer Program which includes: volunteer recruitment and management; volunteer engagement and capacity building; and staff training and support. The incumbent responds to requests from volunteers/candidates, staff and community agencies concerning voluntarism.
- Post secondary certification in volunteer management or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in work with volunteers.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database management.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and to work evenings periodically.
- Quick learner and self-directed.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills in both official languages.
- Experience in a health/social services setting, working with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Skills and experience in group facilitation and training.
- Written communication skills in French, as well as verbal communication skills in other languages, e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Somali, Spanish.
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
Start date: January 4, 2011
Salary range: $21.956/hour to $26.453/hour
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before October 29, 2010 to:
Human Resources, Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
or e-mail [email protected]
We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Quote Selection process number and title: CCHC #10-027 – CHP – Volunteer Program Coordinator
Every One Matters.