Deadline October 29, 2010
3 month Sick Leave Replacement Contract)
Hamilton Urban Core is a thriving inner city health centre located in the heart of downtown Hamilton. We are seeking an experienced and energetic Community Health Worker to join our dynamic inter-professional, multidisciplinary team.
Our client communities include people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless, individuals and families living in poverty or with no/low income, immigrants and refugees, individuals with mental health issues or mental illness, isolated seniors and street involved youth. Working with our team of health professionals, the Community Health Worker will provide individual services and facilitate group activity for individuals, groups, families and/or communities.
The successful candidate should have:
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalized and racialized groups including people who are homeless, individuals with
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience of working within an equity framework
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of community resources particularly related to needs in the inner city
- Experience with individual assessment and group facilitation
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Flexible, able to work evenings and/or weekends as required
- Knowledge and understanding of community health centres
- Relevant education and experience
- Working knowledge of computer software applications
Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume by no later than Friday October 29, 2010 to:
The Community Health Worker Hiring Committee
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1B6
Email: [email protected]
Hamilton Urban Core CHC is committed to equity in employment.