Haldimand County, Ontario
Deadline October 29, 2010
New division...unique opportunity to make a difference!
Haldimand County is a single tier municipality located immediately adjacent to the City of Hamilton in southern Ontario on the north shore of Lake Erie. The County (pop. 45,000) is rural in character with a number of vibrant historical small urban centres. Complementing this small town atmosphere is a picturesque natural environment that supports a growing tourism industry and a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities. Our geography, range of functions and small population require an innovated, flexible and pragmatic approach to service delivery. Our community members have a sense of ownership, commitment and shared responsibility with local government to improve quality of life, economic well-being and for the delivery of services. Haldimand County is seeking an energetic, self-starter who has demonstrated a commitment to public service and to building community partnerships.
Position: Community Partnerships Liaison (permanent full-time)
Pay Rate: $56,560-$63,622 (under review)
The Community Partnerships Liaison position was realigned as a result of an organizational review completed in early 2010. The Community Development & Partnerships Division provides a corporate focus to encourage and develop partnerships that empower community stakeholders to identify and implement programs, services and facilities that result in community betterment by improving community vitality, quality of life, health and wellness.
Reporting to the Manager of the Community Development & Partnerships Division, the successful candidate will believe intrinsically in community and stakeholder engagement and will demonstrate the capacity to creatively solve issues, develop initiatives and create partnership arrangements by applying a grassroots community development approach to work. Augmenting this will be a solid skill set including financial skills, project management, strategic thinking and policy development and volunteer motivation/team building.
The Community Partnerships Liaison will be specifically accountable to:
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with community groups, stakeholders, and other public groups.
- Work closely with community groups to plan and implement proposed projects ensuring their alignment with County strategies.
- Administer various granting programs within the Community Partnership Policy.
- Monitor adherence to a broad range of policies governing community development, ensuring organizers follow prescribed guidelines for obtaining approvals and operating procedures that will create consistently high quality and safe events for those attending, success for the organizers, and raise the profile of Haldimand County.
- Communicate policies and guidelines to staff, public and partner organizations, encouraging all to participate in an ongoing program of continuous improvement.
- Provide input to the Division operating and capital budgets for approval by the Manager and General Manager. Manage assigned portion of approved budget.
- Prepare reports to Council and others, and make presentations supporting recommendations, plans for community contributions to enhance services.
- Supervise all activities in compliance with operating standards, policies and by-laws, with emphasis on health & safety hazards during project implementation by community groups.
- Coordinate activities with other Division Managers and community groups as required facilitating project implementation and clear communications.
- Respond to inquiries from the public/other external sources regarding community and county projects/services.
- Develop and support projects, plans and programs to ensure that community and employee relations are enhanced and there is effective and efficient utilization of human and material resources.
- Community College diploma/degree relative to area of responsibility (Recreation or Parks Management, Business, Volunteer Management, Community Development) (may include additional specialty training).
- 5 years related experience working with community groups, preferably in a municipal setting. Supervisory experience would be preferable
Or equivalent to the above combination of education and experience
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence by October 29, 2010 to:
45 Munsee Street North, P.O. Box 400
Cayuga, Ontario N0A IE0
OR by Fax or E-mail
Fax Number: 905 / 772-3541
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position.
Haldimand county is an equal opportunity employer.