New Liskeard, Ontario
Deadline: May 31, 2011
Registered Dietitian (Full-Time, Temporary Contract until March 31, 2012)
The Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking a highly motivated Registered Dietitian knowledgeable in population health to join its team of public health professionals. The individual will be expected to apply core public health competencies, including program planning and evaluation, partnerships and collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, to improve the health of the population using a comprehensive health promotion approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition or equivalent from a recognized University
- Eligibility for registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and membership with Dietitians of Canada and Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health;
- Knowledge of Public Health programming and service delivery;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, computer and communication skills;
- Experience in public health nutrition would be considered an asset;
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team;
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel to meet program needs (valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a vehicle is required)
Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2011. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Tara McCallan, CHRP, Manager of Human Resources, email@example.com
Timiskaming Health Unit, 421 Shepherdson Road, New Liskeard, ON POJ 1PO