No deadline noted
Close to Toronto and the scenic Niagara region, the City of Hamilton is alive with social, cultural, economic and recreational diversity. Its population of 500,000 people can take pride and comfort in having one of Canada’s leading centres for patient care, community service, teaching and research in their own backyard. As an academic health sciences centre affiliated with McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences serves as a tertiary care hospital for the 2 million residents of Central South Ontario.
Employee Health Services Nurse
Requisition # 23233 – HS&W Health & Wellness
The Health and Wellness Department at Hamilton Health Sciences is responsible to maintain and promote health and wellness within the organization; Support the disability management process through an effective incident capture, triage and response process; Provide the supports necessary in ensuring reasonable and regular attendance at work by all staff.
The Employee Health Services Nurse will be accountable for planning, implementing and maintaining occupational health nursing standards in accordance with the College of Nurses and with Hospital policies, procedures, and Medical Directives as set out by the Occupational Health Physician. The incumbent provides first aid services to staff, and maintains medical information and employee confidentiality in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and nursing standards of practice. The Employee Health Services Nurse assesses the capacity of employees who report to Employee Health to determine if they can return to regular or modified duties. The incumbent will act as a role model for the mission, vision and values of the Hamilton Health Sciences, and consistently and fairly applies the principles, policies and procedures of the Employee Health Services Department. The Employee Health Services Nurse facilitates and promotes an environment, which supports creativity, innovation, excellence, continuous learning, measurement and evaluation. The incumbent demonstrates behaviors that support a customer-focused team approach.
Scheduled Working Hours: Monday to Friday; days
1. Registered Nurse (RN).
2. Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
3. Ontario Occupational Health Nursing designation with a preference for Canadian Certification - C.O.H.N ©
4. Minimum of 3-5 years nursing experience with expertise in occupational health and associated legislation (WSIB, OHS Act, Public Hospitals Act, and Human Rights Code).
5. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, emphasizing a focus on client-centered service.
6. Demonstrated problem-solving, conflict resolution, time management and organizational skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative, organize and establish priorities within multiple tasks.
8. Work with team members to facilitate daily operations of the Employee Health Services office.
9. Ability to adjust quickly to changing requirements and deal effectively with requests requiring immediate attention, including emergency situations.
10. Understanding of privacy and confidentiality policies.
11. Ability to work with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively.
Please apply via http://www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition #23233.
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.