Kirkland Lake, Ontario
Deadline June 24, 2011
Health Promoter (Full-Time, Temporary Contract until March 31, 2012)
The Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking a highly motivated individual to work on a diabetes prevention project. The successful candidate will be assisting with planning, delivering and evaluating a project in collaboration with local partners. The project has a focus on the aboriginal population and includes a social marketing campaign, and activities to increase active living, healthy eating, food skills and training of lay educators.
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field with a concentration in health promotion preferred (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- Fluency in both official languages preferred;
- Demonstrated project coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated research, evaluation and report and grant-writing skills considered definite assets;
- Understanding of comprehensive health promotion and population health;
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task; ability to plan tasks and implement them; previous experience in conducting meetings;
- Ability to work with minimal direction, and to offer leadership in a team setting;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Friendly, professional and outgoing to promote positive working relationships and maintain team enthusiasm.
Applications will be accepted until June 24, 2011. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Manager of Human Resources
Timiskaming Health Unit
421 Shepherdson Road
New Liskeard, ON POJ 1PO