Deadline July 20, 2011
#89 Internal/External Posting
Health Promotion Division
Full-time, Permanent (Non-Union)
Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC) Program in the Windsor-Essex County area according to Ministry of Children and Youth Services guidelines in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008).
In conjunction with community partners and other Health Unit personnel, particularly Reproductive/Child Health program personnel, responsibilities, which are currently under review, shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Coordination of public health nursing and family home visiting services and community supports for high risk prenatal, post partum, and children ages 0 – 6
- Development and ongoing review of protocols with providers/partner agencies for screening and referral; monitoring and supporting their use
- Coordination with community partners of the prenatal, post partum contact, and early identification aspects of the program
- Overseeing the data collection and input according to ISCIS protocol, including compilation of quarterly monitoring report and evaluation and research activities
- Development of budget and operational plan in accordance with ministry protocols
- Participation in regional and provincial HBHC network meetings
- Coordination of HBHC marketing and communications plan
- Management of all human resource issues and quality assurance strategies relative to the
- operation of the program
This position requires current registration as an RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario, and a relevant Master’s degree, or equivalent public health management experience with proven human resource management, program planning and evaluation skills, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities within strict timelines. Experience in maternal child/family nursing and work with inter-agency coalitions and committees would be a definite asset.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit offers a competitive salary and benefit package in a growing vibrant community. The main office is located in Windsor with satellite offices in Essex and Leamington.
Applicants qualified for this exciting career opportunity are invited to submit a resumé with Reference #89 by email to Nancy Smith, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 20, 2011. For further information, please contact Liz Haugh, Director, Health Promotion Division at ext. 1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all those who are interested, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.