Deadline July 20, 2011
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Deadline to Apply: July 20, 2011
This role is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, motivated individual with five (5) to (7) years of nursing experience and at least three (3) years of management experience in the long-term care industry. The ideal candidate is an RN; an individual with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred. The incumbent will oversee the clinical component care of services. A sound knowledge of relevant long-term care legislation is essential.
Candidates must qualify as a Director of Care under the LTC Regulations and have some knowledge of RAI-MDS.
Drawing on extraordinary leadership and communication skills, the successful candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All aspects of resident care including, but not limited to, infection control, health and safety, wound management, pain control, care planning, and classification;
- The development of goals and objectives for the nursing department;
- Setting standards of resident care and services to ensure they meet MOHLTC requirements;
- Hiring, orientating, evaluating and educating staff; participation in matters surrounding union contracts;
- The development and management of the nursing department budget, including all costs.
Salary is $80,000 - $85,000 depending on experience.
Interested candidates please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.