Deadline July 28, 2011
2 Full-Time Positions
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Application Deadline: July 28, 2011
Wage: $57,439.20 - $80,152.80 per annum
Public Health Nurse (Tobacco Programs)
- Provides Public Health Nursing services in the delivery of tobacco programs in order to prevent premature and avoidable death and disease due to tobacco use.
- Participates in diverse health promotion activities, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, focusing on the Smoke-Free Ontario Campaign’s three main goals of prevention, cessation and protection
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of tobacco prevention, cessation and protection-related issues, best practices in tobacco use prevention and enforcement, behavior and attitudinal change and advocacy.
Public Health Nurse (Chronic Disease, Injury & Substance Misuse Prevention)
- Provides Public Health Nursing services in the delivery of Chronic Disease, Injury and Substance Misuse Prevention programs.
- Provides support, health counseling, consultation and/or education to targeted individuals, groups and to community agencies/organizations, educational institutions, workplaces, food premises and municipalities.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of current information related to chronic disease, injury and substance misuse prevention, and public policy on health related issues
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Current CNO Certificate of Competence as a Registered Nurse
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, including preparation in Public Health Nursing
- Current CPR certification and current immunization for Hepatitis B and influenza
For more information on these exciting opportunities please visit the Region of Waterloo website at http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca. Click on "Regional Government” on the top right, and select “Careers”. Finally, click on "Job Opportunities" to view the full position description.
Please apply online by the application deadline. Or, send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Staffing Coordinator, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.