Deadline July 29, 2011
Exciting opportunities are now available for 2 Registered Dietitians (Full-time) to work in a collaborative model of care as part of an inter-disciplinary team led by committed family physicians in the Cobourg area. The new Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) will provide primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention to a rostered population within west Northumberland.
The Registered Dietician (RD) will play an integral role in the care of the patients of the NFHT. The role of the RD requires a thorough knowledge of diet and nutrition in a primary care context and the ability to function effectively in a team environment with physicians, other interdisciplinary health professionals and administrative staff.
The dietitian will support patient care and the delivery of programs. The dietitian will also provide physicians and team providers with nutritional consultation, education and information that contribute to the health and wellness of patients and the knowledge and expertise of providers. The dietitian, in conjunction with other members of the FHT will plan, develop, implement and evaluate all nutritional education and counseling activities.
This position requires the ability to perform the full range of duties and responsibilities. You are an independent, creative and organized individual with strong oral/written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating and computer skills. You may be required to work at more than one FHT site.
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nutrition or equivalent, required
- Registered Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of Ontario, required
- Membership with Dietitians of Canada Association, preferred Certified Diabetes
- Educator (CDE) with the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board
- Experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention
- Demonstrated proficiency in diabetes nutritional assessment, management and education
- Practical experience in the development of health education programs
- Experience with EMR would be an asset
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume no later than July 29, 2011 to Tracy West at email@example.com. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.