Deadline September 6, 2011
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has a temporary opening for a Full Time (1.0 FTE) Planning and Evaluation Consultant with our Quality Improvement Department in our Brockville Office from September 26th until May 24th, 2012. Part-time and/or flexible hours will be considered.
The Planning and Evaluation Consultant is a leader, consultant, and resource in the program planning and evaluation activities of the Health Unit. The Planning and Evaluation Consultant works closely with other members of the Health Intelligence Team, and provides leadership and expertise in the following areas as they relate to planning and evaluation: needs assessment, program and strategic planning, training/education, communication, and evaluation.
- Bachelors Degree in a health related discipline (i.e. nursing, health promotion, nutrition, health sciences, etc). Masters Degree in Program Evaluation, Public Health or a related discipline is preferred.
- At least three years experience in a public health/community health organization.
- Ability to consult; work independently and in a team.
- Skills in planning health programs and services, including finding and applying evidence; developing logic models
- Skills in program evaluation, including developing evaluation frameworks, developing data collection tools and processes, analyzing and disseminating data, and writing reports
- Experience developing and distributing electronic surveys
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Office and qualitative and quantitative data analysis software preferred (e.g – SPSS)
- Flexibility, initiative, good judgement, and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with multiple demands in a calm, professional and independent fashion
- Criminal record check
- Current immunization in accordance with Health Unit Policy V-685
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Confidentiality is Essential
Salary Range: According to Education Level – Bachelors Degree $52,871 to $62,005, Masters Degree $63,915 to $74,998 (Annual 1.0 FTE), plus twelve percent in lieu of benefits and six percent vacation.
Apply by: Application letter with resume must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 6th, 2011
E-mail to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our public health unit; please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
An Accredited Health Unit Since 1990