No deadline noted
Part-time (.7 FTE) Temporary (up to March 31, 2012, with the possibility of an extension)
The Sudbury & District Health Unit (SDHU) has an exciting opportunity in its Sudbury office for a Public Health Nurse. Reporting to a Program Manager in the Health Promotion Division, the successful candidate will work cooperatively with Health Unit staff and community partners to provide the leadership and expertise required for program planning, delivery, and evaluation. The current assignment area will support implementation of an Aboriginal diabetes prevention project in the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts.
- Demonstrated ability in project management is essential
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in population-based health promotion strategies including community mobilization, policy development, mass media, social marketing, and behaviour change
- Knowledge of and experience in community needs assessment, program planning, and evaluation, including surveys, focus groups, data analysis, and report writing
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of public health nursing and community health theory and practice
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills
- Skills to motivate and participate productively with community groups, schools, workplaces, individuals, and colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with the Aboriginal community
- Experience with healthy eating, physical activity and healthy weights programming is preferred
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario and the knowledge and understanding of College standards of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle insured as per agency policy because travel throughout the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts is required
- Satisfactory criminal reference check
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
Resumes should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Lori-Ann Holland
Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: 705.522.9200, ext. 200
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those selected for interviews. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.