January 24, 26, 31 and February 2
Do you work with women who smoke and aren’t yet ready or able to quit?
Want to implement Start Thinking About Reducing Secondhand Smoke (STARSS) but don’t know where to start?
Do you need great ideas for different levels of service capacity?
Join us for the second in the STARSS webinar series!
Action on Women’s Addictions-Research & Education (AWARE) and our partners from Ontario’s Community Health Centres and Public Health Units are offering a series of webinars to:
- Illustrate sample STARSS scenarios
- Offer STARSS implementation strategies for varying levels of service capacity
- Understand and support women who smoke, in particular those with young children
- Support professional practice through increased understanding of STARSS philosophy, strategies and resources
- Exchange ideas and next steps to implement STARSS
Webinar #1 provided an overview of STARSS. If you weren’t able to attend it, don’t worry. You can download the PowerPoint from
http://aware.on.ca/starss/starss-presents. Coming in February, the third & final webinar to share STARSS implementation successes & strategies from across Ontario.
Each Webinar will be offered by region across Ontario and each is open to staff of Community Health Centres (health promoters, community health workers, nurses) and Public Health Units (child & family health teams, CPNP staff). If you cannot attend the webinar scheduled for your region, please indicate your preference for one of the other scheduled dates and we will do our best to accommodate you.
The dates for Webinar #2 are:
• Tuesday, January 24, 1:00 – East region
• Thursday, January 26, 11:00 – Central region
• Tuesday, January 31, 1:00 – North region
• Thursday, February 2, 11:00 – West region
Registration is required for this event. If you wish to attend, please send your email address to: [email protected]
Instructions for logging into the webinar will be sent to registrants just prior to the event.
Financial contribution from Healthy Communities Fund, Ministry of Health Promotion & Sport
Find out more about STARSS on our website at http://aware.on.ca/starss
The STARSS Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/STARSS.Canada
The STARSS Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/starss_canada