Deadline January 22, 2012
Date Posted: 2012-01-13
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time (0.8 1.0 FTE)
Hours per Week: 35 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Department: Learning Institute
Description of Position:
The Learning Institute embraces all education endeavours, connects people and looks for ways to help them provide the best possible care for children. As a member of The Learning Institute team, the Knowledge Translation and Exchange Specialist will act as an expert advisor and central resource to help build capacity related to knowledge translation and exchange at SickKids, providing expertise and resources to a variety of internal stakeholders. The Specialist will partner to develop and implement strategies related to knowledge translation and act as the coordinator for the knowledge translation training programs. The role also involves building and maintaining relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge Translation training or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation an asset.
- Previous position in knowledge translation required
- Experience in a range of related activities including written/oral communication, liaising with government and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of Ontario and Canadian health care system
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment, problem solving and organizational skills
- Exemplary project management skills; highly detail oriented
- Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with various stakeholders; able to effectively build relationships
- Self motivated and works well both independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects, simultaneously, with varying degrees of complexity
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Available to: Internal & External Candidates
How to Apply:
External candidates applying to posted vacancies must submit a resume via e-mail to [email protected] quoting file number LI1111-NW in the subject line of your e-mail. Only applications submitted through [email protected] will be considered. External candidates must also submit a completed application for employment. Internal SickKids staff should review the ‘View Job Openings’ site on KidWeb or contact Human Resources with the file number for assistance. Please note that resumes must be sent in PDF or Word format only. General inquiries sent to this e-mail address will not be answered.
SickKids is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes application from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute diversity within our organization.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids would be conditional upon you providing the Hospital with satisfactory documentation of tuberculosis testing and your immunization status.