Deadline: February 1 2012
Job Type: Full-Time; Days/Flexible
Start Date: Immediate; February 2012
Location: Midtown Toronto; possibility of working from home
Salary: To be negotiated; Benefits following probationary period
Being a Maloterk Dietitian is like being in practice for yourself, but not by yourself. We are looking for smart, personable and enthusiastic Registered Dietitians to join our rapidly growing team. If you are looking for a challenging, entrepreneurial environment and enjoy direct client interaction and building relationships then please apply. There are many benefits to becoming a Maloterk Dietitian, including health benefits; flexibility of working from home as well as an enjoyable office environment; expanding your knowledge base working with other talented dietitians; and, most importantly, engaging in highly rewarding one-on-one work with clients where you will make a permanent difference in their lives.
Our Registered Dietitians provide assessments, counseling and continued motivation and support for their patients, and work with them to achieve their health and weight loss goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent degree
- completion of Accredited Dietetic Internship or equivalent supervised practical training
- registered member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and member or eligible for membership with the Dietitians of Canada or equivalent
- currently covered by or willing to obtain Professional Liability Insurance
- experience with individualized patient counselling, weight loss and maintenance, and chronic disease prevention and management
- excellent interpersonal, organization, and verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to details
- proficiency with computers and telecommunications: phone, email, video conferencing
- demonstrated ability to prioritize workload to meet varied assignments
- demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- ability to work independently with your patients and cooperatively in a team environment with other professionals
- dedicated to providing continued motivation and support
- ability to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate patients
- provide individualized nutrition assessments, counselling and support for patients
- develop, administer and supervise weight loss and disease management programs and related materials
- utilize evidence-based medical nutrition therapy and integrate clinical practice guidelines accordingly
This position has been filled.
While all applications are appreciated, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.