May 23, 2012
Sickkids Hospital – Hollywood Theatre, 555 University Avenue
Early bird registration before March 31, 2012: $125.00
Registration after March 31, 2012: $150.00
The Motherisk Update 2012 will share the latest, evidence-based information on a treatment of depression, schizophrenia and addiction during pregnancy and lactation. Delegates can expect to take away new knowledge that will help them provide the best care to their pregnant and breastfeeding patients.
Who should attend: GPs, nurses, gynecologists, psychiatrists, midwives, pharmacists, physician trainees
- weigh the risks of depression and its treatment during pregnancy, in light of evidence-based research;
- evaluate and implement recent clinical findings about screening for depression in a high-risk maternal population;
- better able to detect and prevent drug and alcohol use during and after pregnancy;
- apply evidence-based principles to advise women about medication use while breastfeeding;
- evaluate the link between depression, obesity, and pregnancy in your patients;
- better able to manage pregnancy in schizophrenic women;
- describe the attitudes of primary care physicians and healthcare students towards antenatal depression and antidepressant use during pregnancy.
Since 1985, Motherisk has counseled over a half-million women, their families and physicians. Canada’s expert on the safety of medications, infections, chemicals, and everyday exposures during pregnancy and lactation, Motherisk has become one of the biggest and most accomplished teratogen research, counseling and training programs in the world.
Go to http://www.motherisk.org/prof/event_motheriskUpdate.jsp for this year’s Motherisk Update program and registration information. Seating Is Limited. Register Today.
This program meets the accreditation criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been accredited by the Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, for up to 6.5 Mainpro-M1 credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by the University of Toronto (6.5 credits).
For more information, please contact Motherisk Update Coordinator Susan Santiago at (416) 813-8084.