March 13 & 20, 2012
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Across Boundaries, 51 Clarkson Avenue
In this two-day training workshop, participants will gain practical knowledge of best practices of a holistic client-centred approach to care within an anti-racism/anti-oppression framework. The workshop will be very interactive and participatory using creative activities.
Day 1 Goals and Objectives
- Develop a common language to address diversity, cultural competency ,inclusion, social justice, equity, anti-racism/anti-oppression
- Engage in critical understanding of intersecting oppressions
- Foster an understanding of the workings of power and privilege in individual, organizational and systemic contexts
- Begin to discuss best practices for a holistic client-centred service delivery
Day 2 Goals and Objectives
- Develop a holistic understanding of mental health/addictions and its various determinants in relation to social, economic, cultural, environmental and spiritual factors.
- Gain practical knowledge of the anti-racism/anti-oppression framework and cultural competency for mental health/addiction service delivery through case studies
- Enhance the capacities of your organization to develop a recovery -oriented holistic model of care within an anti-racism/anti-oppression framework
This event is also being held on June 7 & 14th, 2012.