Vancouver, British Columbia
April 23-26, 2012
This comprehensive four-day course is for health professionals from a variety of disciplines who face diabetes in practice. The goal is to update your understanding of the complexities of diabetes care, and learn effective approaches to educate those affected by diabetes. It is an ideal course if you are entering the dynamic, specialty field of diabetes education. This course is not specifically designed as preparation for the CDE examination; however it will serve as an excellent review in your preparation to become a certified diabetes educator.
- Nutrition Management in Diabetes; Sharon Leung, RD, CDE, Clinical Dietitian, Diabetes Centre, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC
- Physical Activity Management in Diabetes; Cathy Potkins, BHK, MPAS, ACSM, Exercise Specialist, Chronic Disease Consultant, Nelson, BC
- Pharmacological Management of Diabetes; Anar Dossa, Pharm D, CDE, Staff Development Co-ordinator and Outpatient Diabetes and Kidney Clinic Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC
- Diabetes Management from Toddlers to Teens; Daniel L. Metzger, MD, FAAP, FRCPC, Pediatric Endocrinologist, BC Children’s Hospital
Registration is limited.
- Early bird rate is $695+HST ($778.40) for fully paid registrations received by March 23, 2012
- Regular rate is $795+HST ($890.40)
Please visit http://www.interprofessional.ubc.ca/IN9543/default.asp to:
- View complete course brochure
- Register for the conference
- Book your accommodation
- Learn about program updates