Deadline February 8, 2012
Requisition #: 1028
Job Type: Temporary Full-time
Department: Human Rights and Diversity Program
Employee Group: Non Union
Hours (Subject to change): Monday - Friday, days (8:30 - 4:30). However, some flexibility with hours is required due to the nature of the work
Please note this Temporary Full-time Contract opportunity is expected to last for approximately one year.
Reporting to the Director, Diversity and Human Rights, you will make a significant contribution to the developing area of health equity. Specifically, you will coordinate a project on patient demographic data collection with the goal of increasing access and equity, improving quality and supporting excellent care for all throughout the Toronto Central LHIN.
Job duties include:
- Work with hospitals and community partners to identify health inequities through patient demographic data collection.
- Identify strategies to support the collection of health equity data including critical issues that must be addressed in the expansion of data collection systems.
- Develop training materials, communication tools, and educational events to support the project.
- Provide information and status reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education preferably in the Social Sciences or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of key health equity concepts, issues and trends
- Experience working with equity seeking groups in the community
- Experience in project planning and implementation of change initiatives
- Strong skills in community development
- Strong skills in organizational development and change principles, particularly with respect to equity programs
- Experience providing leadership on initiatives promoting equity along with personal experience of, and knowledge of discrimination and oppression
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills within all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize competing workload demands
- Previous experience working in a health care environment an asset
Salary: To Be Determined
Open Date: Jan 31, 2012
Posting Deadline: Feb 8, 2012