Deadline March 31, 2012
Health Nexus seeks volunteers for our Board of Directors.
Health Nexus is a leading bilingual prevention and health promotion organization, providing information, education, consultation, resources and networking services in English and French. www.healthnexus.ca
Health Nexus is seeking to enhance its Board of Directors with enthusiastic volunteers who reflect the diversity of our changing population and share an interest and commitment to prevention and health promotion.
Being a director of Health Nexus offers the opportunity to:
- Practice and develop personal and professional skills in the areas of leadership, communications, decision-making and management of a nonprofit, charitable organization
- Influence, through strategy development and leadership contributions, innovative thinking and growth in field of health promotion
- Work as part of a team with other directors who have a variety of backgrounds and skills
- Meet people beyond your usual professional and social circle
- Bring valuable skills to help advance an organization that addresses vital community needs and contributes to the building of healthy, equitable and thriving communities
Health Nexus offers board orientation and ensures effective integration onto our board.
The Board of Directors role includes:
- Directing the organization according to its by-laws
- Providing direction and supervision to the Executive Director
- Formulating and approving organizational policy and plans
- Developing and ensuring implementation of funding strategies
- Overseeing financial management
- Keeping abreast of community needs, health and social trends
- Representing and interpreting Health Nexus to the public, stakeholders and selected communities
Board member’s responsibilities are to:
- Commit to a 3 year term, renewable for a 2nd term (maximum 6 years)
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in board meetings approximately every 2 months (3 day-time, in-person meetings in Toronto and 2-4 shorter, evening teleconferences) – these meetings generally integrate a strategic planning event and the Annual General Meeting
- Participate in individually defined small workgroups or ad hoc committees
- Serve in a volunteer capacity, without remuneration or profit. Accommodation, travel and meal expenses associated with duties as a Board member are reimbursed.
The Board of Directors strives to represent the communities we serve including rural, urban, as well the cultural and ethnic communities that reflect our changing demographics. We encourage innovative and strategic thinkers with public or community health, business, legal or fundraising experience to apply.
To request an information package or to submit a letter of interest and resume please contact Amanda Dupupet, Administrative Assistant, [email protected] or 416.408 6917.
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2012
[This notice is available in French at http://www.nexussante.ca/a_propos/emploi.htm]