Deadline March 23, 2012
One Year Contract Position
The Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will work under the leadership of the PCYI staff to engage, train and support a wide range of community partners so they are knowledgeable about the Canada Learning Bond and are equipped and able to enroll eligible children and families in Peel; and the development of a sustainability strategy with key partners and contributors. The Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Outreach to engage public, private and non-profit service providers to promote enrollment in the Canada Learning bond to employees, parents and clients who are eligible for the RESP,
- Organize and host training sessions for staff and agency leads with organizations throughout the Region,
- Help to set up and run special community enrollment sessions and events aimed at parents with eligible children,
- Work with Service Canada staff to ensure easy access to Social Insurance numbers and administrative support for enrollment event; coordinate the support of Bank staff at local branches,
- Organize and distribute promotional material, and coordinate the volunteer efforts of groups throughout Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon,
- Arranging support for media and communications activities in support of the strategy,
- Support the tracking and evaluation of results attained through the Outreach and engagement work that is undertaken,
- Help to identify the most effective ‘points of contact’ with families and the organizations, policies and practices that will enable the strategy to be sustained over time,
- Other duties as shall be assigned from time to time.
There are some skills that will be important for the Outreach and volunteer Coordinator including:
- Familiarity with a wide range of non-profit, public and charitable organizations
- Experience with training and volunteer engagement strategies,
- Strong and effective verbal communications skills and experience conducting outreach (e.g. sales and contact initiation); comfortable and practiced speaking to groups in community settings.
- Understanding of basic evaluation frameworks and data collection
- Good knowledge of the Region of Peel; a valid drivers’ license and daily access to a vehicle
Qualifications: A University or College degree in a related discipline (social sciences, humanities, early child development); or equivalent private sector experience conducting training and outreach
Reports: The Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will report directly to the Director: Success by 6 Peel and will support the work of the Communications Manager and the Research Manager of PCYI.
Hours of Work: The usual business hours of PCYI are Monday to Friday 830 a.m-430 p.m. (37.5 hours weekly). It is expected that the Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will work outside of normal business hours based on the actual needs of community partners and parents in Peel (e.g. mornings, evenings and weekends as required).
To apply, please forward a cover letter and a resume specifically outlining how your qualifications are suited to the position. Please forward these directly to [email protected] on or before March 23, 2012. For additional information on PCYI visit our website at http://www.pcyi.org.