Deadline March 23, 2012
12 month Contract
If you are passionate about a career in helping all children and youth enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living, we want to meet you!
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
Ophea is seeking a 12 month contract Projects Leader. The Projects Leader is responsible for the planning and execution of all project deliverables within an assigned portfolio and assists in exploring and strategizing new opportunities.
The Project Leader is required to have strong people skills; to work independently as well as part of a team. Strong communications skills are required, with the ability to facilitate collaboration and co-operation and effect change within a dynamic business environment and with contacts within the business community. Strong sense of judgement and ability to multi task and problem solve using sound decision making within a complex and changing set of circumstances. As well, the ability to research and analyze information and make informed recommendations impacting the division and programs department and to provide direction to others to ensure accuracy of work and continuous work flow is essential. Bilingualism is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the planning process for projects in his/her portfolio
- Leads the planning of project budgets in his/her portfolio and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining budgets
- Leads the execution of multiple project deliverables in his/her portfolio
- Interacts with relevant project suppliers, clients, partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinates administrative functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Previous Experience and Education Required:
- Post secondary education in Physical and Health Education, Project Management, Sport Administration, Business or related discipline. Formal Project Management training is an asset for this position. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community particularly as it pertains to children and youth is required.
- 3 – 5 years proven experience in project management such as: planning and execution of programs, budget development and management, supplier management, leading meetings/working meetings and coordination of events, training sessions and communication and evaluation activities is required.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than March 23, 2012 to:
1 Concorde Gate, Suite 608
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
e-mail: [email protected]
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.