Deadline: March 29, 2012
POSITION: Quality Assurance Lead
DEPARTMENT: Health & Social Services
DIVISION: Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
LOCATION: 12 Gilbertson Dr., Simcoe
REPORTS TO: Manager, Public HealthEMPLOYEE GROUP: Non Union
STATUS: Temporary Full Time (From date of hire up to December 31, 2012)
SALARY: $75, 659 - $94, 611 per annum
ONLY THOSE TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED.POSTING #: NU 3.12
POSTING PERIOD: March 15, 2012 – March 29, 2012
NOTE: Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence to the Human Resources / Staff Development Department by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS POSITION.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To act as the Chief Nursing Officer and principal lead for nursing practice and professional issues.
- To liaise with academic bodies and community partners to coordinate student placements and orientation.
- To assist with the current service review process including supporting evidence-informed decision making across all teams.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing and a graduate degree in nursing, community health, public heath, health promotion, health administration or other relevant equivalent OR is committed to obtaining such qualification within three (3) years of designation.
- Minimum of 10 years nursing experience with progressive leadership responsibilities, including a significant level of experience in public health.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Access to a reliable vehicle as travel is required within Haldimand and Norfolk Counties.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL:
- Proven ability to promote excellence in service delivery among staff, work teams and the Health Unit.
- Possess a demonstrated record of strong leadership and guidance, innovation/creativity, empowerment, and staff development.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to build relationships with governing bodies, management, front-line staff, and community partners.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills. High level of personal integrity and sound judgment.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in standard corporate software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the application of standards, best practice guidelines, legislation, regulations, competencies and trends of public health nursing practice (e.g., Ontario Public Health Standards, College of Nurses of Ontario and Canadian Community Health Nursing Standards of Practice, Public Health and Public Health Nursing Core Competencies) towards quality public health practice.
- Assess the quality of nursing practice of public health nurses employed by the health unit and ensure core nursing practice requirements are met. Ability to assess and evaluate the practice of individual public health nurses when significant performance issues are raised.
- Provide nursing leadership within multidisciplinary models of service delivery including in a unionized environment, utilizing proactive management skills. Ability to undertake long-term visioning and strategic planning related to public health nursing practice.
- Contribute to the consistency and quality of public health nursing practice within the organization through policy development, advocacy and evidence informed decision-making.
- Apply the Health Protection and Promotion Act, MFIPPA, PHIPA and all other statutes, regulations and by-laws affecting the Health Unit’s services.
- Lead a multidisciplinary practice council to facilitate the consistent application of policies and procedures regarding health professionals working within the health unit.
- Assist with tasks related to the current service review including: literature reviews, community consultations and priority setting.
Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Note: As per Legislation, if it is determined that those employees with priority placement status are suitable for this job, before a selection decision has been made, this competition may be cancelled.