Deadline: March 29, 2012
Program and Standards Advisor
Are you committed to creating a healthier Ontario?
We are seeking a results oriented, health promotion specialist to provide project management and subject matter expertise.
In this role, you will:
- provide leadership and subject matter expertise to public health units
- develop and maintain critical partnerships with stakeholders including public health units
- provide critical analysis and advice on key health promotion strategies and public health initiatives
- develop and implement performance management strategies for public health units
- lead and manage key health promotion projects
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
What we are looking for:
Health Promotion Knowledge:
- you have proven expertise in the field of health promotion
- you have an understanding of Ontario's public health and health promotion systems, population health and social determinants to provide expertise and provide input to the development of ministry strategies and policies
Performance Management and Program Evaluation Skills:
- you have knowledge of performance management and program evaluation techniques to provide input and advice
Policy Development Skills:
- you have demonstrated skills in the development of policy strategies or frameworks and the use of evidence in the development of research tools, strategies, methods and techniques
Communication and Presentation Skills:
- you have prepared and presented complex research analyses, documents, reports and briefing papers
Project Management and Leadership Skills:
- you have provided leadership on project and work teams
- you have provided project planning and management of concurrent projects and managed deadlines and competing priorities
Stakeholder Management, Relationship Building, Mediation, Negotiation and Facilitation Skills:
- you have negotiated accountability agreements and have the ability to apply impact and influence and persuasive techniques
- you have initiated partnership arrangements and nurtured strong working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
Salary range: $73,443.00 $95,213.00 per annum
Please apply online, only, at http://www.ontario.ca/careers , quoting Job ID 39380, by March 29, 2012. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.