Deadline April 7, 2012
Assistant, Self Management Program, TFT
Posted Date: 3/21/2012
Closing Date: 4/7/2012
Functional Discipline: Diabetes Satellite
Education Level: Bachelor of Arts
Organization: Brampton Civic Hospital
Location: Central West Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre (2250 Bovaird Drive East, Suite, Brampton ON L6R 0W3)
Deadline: April 7th 2012
As a part of the Ontario Diabetes Strategy (ODS), the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) is providing funding to support the development of Self Management Programs in each of the 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs).
The objective of the ODS Self Management Program is to provide clinicians and individuals with the knowledge, skills and confidence to promote effective self-management of diabetes and related chronic diseases, thereby improving health outcomes. This will be facilitated by providing self-management education and skills training to individuals with or at-risk of diabetes and their health care providers.
The Assistant for the Self-Management Programs is a member of the Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre (DRCC) team. This individual will work closely with the Regional Diabetes Administrator and Self-Management Program lead, advisory committees and Central West Diabetes Regional Coordination team to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of the program. This position maintains links with providers of diabetes services including primary care practitioners, diabetes education teams and other groups in the Central West LHIN.
William Osler Health System (WOHS) was chosen as the host for the SMP initiative. We currently have an exciting opportunity for:
Assistant, Self-Management Program - Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre
Temporary Full Time - One (1) year contract with a possible opportunity for renewal
Reporting directly to the Central West, Regional Diabetes Administrator your duties and responsibilities include:
- Scheduling of speakers, rooms, volunteers, food for events, and technical support for seminars as needed
- Engagement of community partners/exhibitors in events
- Designs and produces (with the assistance of the program lead and DRCC team) marketing materials including: calendar of events, flyers and advertisements
- Distribution of marketing materials
- Summary of feedback from events
- Tracking of budgeting/funding allocation of all seminars and expenses
- Creation of summary sheet including revenue and expenses and total number of participants to be placed in appropriate computer file and binder for review by project lead and Regional Diabetes Administrator
- Coordination of marketing efforts including external mailings and emails for consumer lists
- Distribution of brochures to various diabetes and chronic disease service program sites
- Ordering supplies, typing and o office activities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate or degree in office business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in health promotion and working with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to speak, read and write Punjabi and other South Asian languages an asset
- Ability to compile, write and present reports of events
- Ability to coordinate and schedule events
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in use of windows based computer systems and software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, development of templates, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and the Internet
- Proficient in the use of other office and presentation equipment such as a fax, scanner, photocopier, LCD projector
- Ability to set priorities and cope with a demanding environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Regular attendance is a requirement for this position
- Occasional evening hours and travel to external meetings
Interested applicants are invited to apply to Melanie Pacheco via e-mail at Melanie.Pacheco@williamoslerhs.ca Quote File # 120652 or by applying via our careers website at http://www.williamoslerhs.ca.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Osler, we are proud of the several awards that we have received and the recognition programs that we have in place. Please visit our website, www.williamoslerhs.ca, to view our accomplishments.