The Middlesex-London Health Unit is excited to announce the creation of a new 6-part video series on Parenting Your Teenager – Alcohol and Drug Use. If you work with parents of teens, these resources are available at http://www.healthunit.com/parenting-teens.aspx.
Teens are in a stage of life that can include more risk taking and decisions based on emotions. There are also many factors that can affect their choices like:
- Peer pressure
- Social media (like facebook and youtube)
- Change from elementary to secondary school
- School/friends/family stress
- Up and down emotions
The Middlesex-London Health Unit’s 6-part video series includes:
- Talking with Teens About Drugs and Alcohol
- Factors that Put Teens at Risk for Drug and Alcohol Use
- Signs of Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens
- What if You Suspect Your Teen is Using Drugs or Alcohol?
- Setting Boundaries and Consequences for Your Teen Regarding Substance Use
- Risks for Teens of Using Drugs and Alcohol
To find out more about teens and substance use or other challenges related to parenting teens see our Parenting Your Teenager video library at http://www.healthunit.com/parenting-teens.aspx.