Deadline April 20, 2012
The South West Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) is one of fourteen CCACs in Ontario dedicated to supporting and enhancing the health and well-being of individuals in our communities, including schools, by offering a single point of access to home and community services.
A new initiative to the CCACs, the Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program is important to Ontario’s plan to improve services and support for children and youth with mental health and addictions needs. In collaboration with the Ministries of Education, Children and Youth Services, Health and Long-Term Care and Training, Colleges, & Universities, this program is part of the overall commitment through Ontario’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy,
As part of a system wide initiative to strengthen connections across the health continuum, the South West CCAC is currently hiring one manager and eleven mental health nurses for the Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program
As the Manager, Mental Health & Addictions, you will lead the planning, development and implementation of the Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program. This role requires an experienced and achievement oriented individual who will be responsible and accountable for the overall program delivery, including program development, budgeting, scheduling and monitoring key performance indicators.
Responsibilities will include: hiring a team of mental health nurses; ensuring program aligns with Ministry goals; providing essential health related advice and support to the district school boards within the South West CCAC; working in an interdisciplinary team to develop comprehensive board plans to ensure a collaborative response to the mental health and addiction needs of students; as well as managing the team of mental health nurses who will work within the school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addictions issues.
- Knowledge of mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- Direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of a new program or initiative an monitoring key performance indicators
- Demonstrated leadership in advancing the clinical practice of multiple health disciplines
- Experience managing staff, providing direction and setting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated experience as a Registered Nurse (BScN)
- Graduate degree in Nursing, Public Health or equivalent is an asset.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Extensive travel within SW CCAC catchment area.
How to Apply: please forward your resume and covering letter by April 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit http://www.hrassociates.ca/swccac/mhanurses.