Deadline April 20, 2012
The South West Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) is one of fourteen CCACs in Ontario dedicated to supporting and enhancing the health and well-being of individuals in our communities, including schools, by offering a single point of access to home and community services.
A new initiative to the CCACs, the Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program is important to Ontario’s plan to improve services and support for children and youth with mental health and addictions needs. In collaboration with the Ministries of Education, Children and Youth Services, Health and Long-Term Care and Training, Colleges, & Universities, this program is part of the overall commitment through Ontario’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy,
As part of a system wide initiative to strengthen connections across the health continuum, the South West CCAC is currently hiring eleven mental health nurses for the Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program
As an integral part of this interdisciplinary team, you will bring your mental health and addictions expertise to provide essential health related advice and support to educators within the district school boards. The nurses will assist school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues and work with the boards to develop strategies to address student mental health and addictions needs. You will play a key role in providing the support of a health professional in helping students and/or parents’ access services such as family health care, community mental health and/or addictions agencies.
- Direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth
- Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Registered Nurse (BScN or diploma)
- Demonstrated experience as a Registered Nurse
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Significant travel within school board districts.
- Proficiency in French an asset.
How to Apply: please forward your resume and covering letter by April 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.hrassociates.ca/swccac/mhanurses.