Deadline April 25, 2012
2 year contract
Position Type: Full Time (35 hours)
Date Ad Posted: April 11, 2012
Application Deadline: April 25, 2012
Location(s): Waterloo Region (Kitchener)
Compensation type: Salary/Benefits
Description of Job:
To develop and deliver evidence-informed HIV prevention and sexual health initiatives targeted to diverse communities of gay/bisexual men, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) in the Waterloo Region.
- Post-secondary degree in public health, social work, or related field;
- At least one year of related experience within a health promotion environment or community-based organization;
- Thorough understanding of behavioural theory and evidence-based practice related to HIV prevention for gay men/MSM;
- Thorough understanding of HIV/AIDS, safer sex and risk reduction principles and practices;
- Experience with program development, evaluation and CQI;
- Strong social media skill sets required, particularly related to Facebook and Twitter;
- Familiarity with internet-based chat rooms frequented by gay and bisexual men and other men who have sex with men;
- Comfortable working in sexualized environments;
- Direct experience (work or volunteer) within the GLBTQ community preferred;
- Sensitive to issues of diversity and cultural competency;
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and visual) and negotiation skills;
- Excellent public presentation skills;
The AIDS Committee of Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo & Area (ACCKWA) is committed to diversity in the workplace and supports the Meaningful Involvement of People Living with HIV/AIDS (MIPA) in our work. We welcome and encourage applications from the communities we serve and those with lived experience. Individual accommodation will be provided to applicants who are selected for assessment.
*Note: This position is grant-funded for 2 years. Ongoing employment is contingent upon continued funding.
Please forward your resume and covering letter by email only no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 25, 2012 to:
AIDS Committee of Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo and Area
Find the complete job description at http://www.acckwa.com. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Rev: March 2012