Deadline April 30, 2012
The 2012 Ophea Conference invites workshop applications from professionals who can offer new information or insight on ways to support healthy active living for children and youth or put an interesting twist on current practices.
We are looking for workshops on topics such as:
- incorporation of mental health promotion
- developing policy related to healthy schools and communities
- basic principles of how to teach health and physical education
- activity programs using big or outdoor spaces
- ideas and tips for developing and supporting health and physical literacy
- creative ways to develop and maintain health-related fitness
- head injury and concussion prevention
The conference takes place Thursday, October 11-Friday, October 12 at Nottawasaga Inn Resort in Alliston, Ontario. Delegates include elementary and secondary teachers, administrators, health and physical education consultants, public health professionals, recreation leaders, and others interested in the health of children and youth.
Selected Presenters will receive a $150 discount off the cost of full delegate registration or alternatively, will have the opportunity to attend the conference for free on the day they present.
Visit http://conference.ophea.net/call-presenters today to access the Presenter Application Form.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity or the selection process, please contact [email protected].