Deadline: May 11, 2012
Close to Toronto and the scenic Niagara region, the City of Hamilton is alive with social, cultural, economic and recreational diversity. Its population of 500,000 people can take pride and comfort in having one of Canada’s leading centres for patient care, community service, teaching and research in their own backyard. As an academic health sciences centre affiliated with McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences serves as a tertiary care hospital for the 2 million residents of Central South Ontario.
Healthy Workplace Coordinator
Requisition # 26705 – Healthy Workplace Coordinator
The Health and Wellness Department at Hamilton Health Sciences is responsible to maintain and promote health and wellness within the organization; Support the disability management process through an effective incident capture, triage and response process; Provide the supports necessary in ensuring reasonable and regular attendance at work by all staff.
The Healthy Workplace Coordinator will assist in the development and delivery of health education and wellness programs, and provide reports and analytics on employee wellness; Assists with general research and project management support, as well as the research, development and implementation of policies; Coordinate policy review/renewal process within HR to ensure that target dates are met; Researches and prepares issue/discussion papers as required; Provides analytical support in the development, implementation, measurement and evaluation of the strategies in support of Human Resources and/or corporate initiatives, (including but not limited to reporting on Corporate Milestones) and investigate and follow up on HR related issues as required; Provide training and consultation on health promotion strategies to HR Department staff, workplace managers and unions; Perform other duties as assigned, which are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job.
The Healthy Workplace Coordinator will be responsible to collaborate with stakeholders in the development and implementation of healthy workplace strategy, programs, and activities; Draws on expertise in health, wellness and employee engagement, knowledge and skill to contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of health and wellness programs and policies; Promotes, supports, and coordinates wellness-related activities across the organization; Works with contracted benefit and service providers (ie. EAP) to assess organizational needs and opportunities, and to develop and deliver programs that advance the health and wellness of the HHS workforce; Completes monthly/quarterly metric reporting, analysis and presentations; Creates and analyzes PeopleSoft reports; Conducts best practice research and contributes to issue papers, presentations and program development and completes special projects as assigned.
Additional responsibilities include: coordinate/oversee completion of external surveys in conjunction with subject matter experts; Prepare survey summaries (as applicable) and translate analytical results/research into conclusions and recommendations. Completes monthly/quarterly metric reporting, analysis and presentations as directed by Manager, Health and Wellness; Reconciles data as required, researches and corrects discrepancies; Ensures the highest level of data integrity for decision-making purposes between multiple sources of data; Conducts data audits to ensure business processes and systems compile to the highest level of accuracy for reporting needs while investigating and identifying potentially areas of improvement; Assists in the analysis and preparation of metrics for the HR Annual Report to the Board of Directors; Tracks and reports HR performance on corporate initiatives, completes monthly performance monitoring report on HR Initiatives/Projects.
Scheduled Working Hours
Monday to Friday; days
1. Graduate of University program in Community Health, Health Promotion, Behavioral Science, Occupational Health or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Postgraduate education in a related area is an asset
2. Experience working in a large, diverse and highly unionized environment
3. Ability to translate analytical results/research into conclusions and recommendations
4. Demonstrated ability to analyze, review and revise HR policies, procedures and processes
5. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health promotion, program planning, implementation and evaluation
6. Experience developing workplace/corporate wellness strategies and programs and thorough knowledge of healthy workplace frameworks and best practices
7. Demonstrated ability in identifying priorities for targeted health promotion programming by reviewing epidemiological, behavioral and socio-demographic data related to employee health
8. Demonstrated ability in conducting needs assessments
9. Knowledge of and ability to apply marketing / social marketing strategies
10. Strong research skills and thorough knowledge of analytical research methodologies and computerized analytical techniques
11. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), PeopleSoft and database software
12. Possesses excellent analytical and critical thinking, problem solving skills; attentive to detail and accuracy
13. Demonstrated excellence in effective communication and interpersonal skills within a professional environment
14. Ability to work with little supervision, organize and establish priorities within multiple projects and tasks, demonstrated ability to meet project and task deadlines and adjust quickly to changing requirements
Please apply via http://www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition #26705.
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.