No deadline noted
An exciting opportunity is now available for 1 Pharmacist (Full-time) to work in a collaborative model of care as part of an inter-disciplinary team led by committed family physicians in the Cobourg area. The new Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention to a rostered population within west Northumberland.
The Pharmacist practices client-centred care to achieve optimal drug therapy outcomes. Working in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, the Pharmacist will share expertise and knowledge of the impact of medications on chronic disease management with clients and their families, as well as other health care professionals. The Pharmacist conducts medication management needs assessment in a variety of settings and collaboratively identifies priorities.
This position requires the ability to perform the full range of duties and responsibilities. You are an independent, creative and organized individual with strong oral/written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating and computer skills.
Qualifications, Skill and Experience
- Baccalaureate of Science in Pharmacy.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required.
- Current membership with OPA, including professional liability insurance program.
- Demonstrated experience in a Primary Care setting would be an asset
- Additional training or credentialing in pharmacotherapy (eg. Certified Geriatric Pharmacist,
- Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Asthma educator, etc) is considered an asset
- Basic CPR certification.
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License.
- Experience with EMR would be an asset
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Tracy West at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.