June 20, 2012
Health Equity and Diversity Course
Introduction to Health Equity and Diversity Course
This course is provided by the Office of Health Equity.
This Introductory Health Equity and Diversity course is part of a commitment to systems change in the area of health equity, diversity, access, and clinical cultural competence in the mental health and addictions field. This introductory course aims to enhance the capacity of service providers to provide equitable, inclusive and accountable mental health and addiction services.
After successfully completing this one day course, you will be able to:
- describe introductory concepts related to health equity and diversity
- analyze personal, professional and organizational responsibilities related to health equity and diversity
- apply tools and strategies to implement health equity and diversity in day to day work
Who should attend:
- Counsellors, intake workers, nurses, physicians, therapists, human resources staff, community workers, agency staff and allied professionals who are related to health care
- Service providers seeking to dialogue with colleagues and enhance their professional health equity and diversity competencies
Course dates, fees and registration:
Dates:June 20th, 2012 from 9am – 4pm (registration from 8:30am)
Workshop location: CAMH; 33 Russell Street, Room 4100; Toronto, ON M5S 2S1
For information on additional courses: http://www.camh.net/education/index.html