Deadline: May 22, 2012
Reporting to the Supervisor, Environmental Health Assessment & Policy, the Consultant Research participates in complex public policy and research assignments concerning environmental determinants of health and built environment related to public health in the City of Toronto.
- Plans, conducts and evaluates public health research and policy studies, including joint projects with other city divisions, task forces and committees, other levels of government and other external groups or agencies on topics related to environmental determinants of health
- Researches public health issues and develops policy options and recommendations in order to provide divisional and corporate leadership in public health policy, research, advocacy and strategy
- Acts as a consultant for Toronto Public Health and other city divisions to identify and service public health policy, research, evaluation and program needs related to environmental determinants of health
- Promotes the use of information and its application to decision making on environmental health issues within the Healthy Public Policy Directorate and the division through collaboration, the development of linkages, and capacity building initiatives
- Consults and/or works collaboratively on environmental health issues with external groups, including the development of contacts with other jurisdictions, at the municipal, provincial, and federal levels, non-governmental organizations and interest groups, other agencies and the private sector
- Conducts speaking engagements for the public, community and media, in collaboration with Public Health communications and public relations staff, answers public inquiries on public health research and public policy issues related to environmental determinants of health
- Researches, organizes, and writes briefing materials, discussion papers, reports and correspondence on public health issues related to environmental health
- Participates in and/or chairs internal and external committees
- Reviews public health research literature and reports on environmental determinants of health as produced by other government and research agencies to determine potential impact on public health policy, research and programs
- Advises and assists divisional staff in the planning, delivery and evaluation of staff development and training programs, and in the development of new policies and procedures
Advises and guides academic health science students on projects on topics related to the environment and human health
For the full job posting and to apply: http://www.brainhunter.com/frontoffice/seekerViewJobDetailAction.do?site...