Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline: June 15, 2012
Department of Environmental Health
Competition #0010-12 ‑ Director
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPRDHU) has an opening for the Director of its Environmental Health Department. This position is based out of the Health Unit’s Port Hope office.
As a member of the Management Team, the Director of Environmental Health participates in the overall policy-making, program development and management of the Health Unit. The Director provides leadership to the Environmental Health Department and works closely with our local municipalities and organizations as well as provincial and federal agencies. The Director is responsible for the environmental components of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) and the Ontario Building Code - Part 8, as it relates to sewage systems.
Full details about the position can be found at http://www.hkpr.on.ca, under Careers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Masters degree in related discipline or current enrolment in a Masters degree program with completion of the degree within two years of hire to the Director position
- Five years in community/public health/health promotion with at least three of those years in a management role
- Certification as a Public Health Inspector from the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Director
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- A valid “G” driver's license and access to a vehicle for work
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
Location: Port Hope
Salary Range:$98,942 - $106,241 (July 2012)
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by Friday, June 15, 2012 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.