Deadline: May 25, 2012
Engaging Emerging Leaders in Cancer Control
18 months (with possibility of extension), 20 hrs/wk
The Campaign to Control Cancer (C2CC) is a Canadian grass-roots advocacy organization dedicated to cutting cancer down to size through knowledge, change and action. Our mission is to fundamentally transform Canada’s response to Cancer from one of fear and insecurity to one of strength and control. We are currently seeking a Project Manager to assist with the implementation of our student-driven initiative Engaging Emerging Leaders in Cancer Control (E2C2).
E2C2 is a 2-year project funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, engaging student leaders at five Universities across Ontario in the design and implementation of Cancer Control awareness campaigns, with a focus on five priority areas: 1. Physical Fitness and Active Lifestyle, 2. Healthy Eating, 3. Tobacco use/exposure, and Alcohol use/misuse, 4. UV Exposure and 5. HPV Vaccination.
The E2C2 Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of project activities at each of the campus sites: McMaster, Carleton, Lakehead, Queen’s and the University of Toronto. This is a Toronto-based part-time position, which will cover an 18-month period beginning mid-June, 2012 and ending December 31st, 2013. Under the supervision of the E2C2 Program Director, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing day-to-day project implementation, including project administration, stakeholder relations, and student support and mobilization. Some travel will be required. The position also provides strategic advice to the E2C2 Program Director and C2CC Chief Executive Officer, to advance the C2CC pan-Canadian, national and provincial goals.
- Knowledge and Experience in Health Promotion, preferably in Cancer Prevention and Control and/or Campus Health
- Knowledge and Experience in Youth Engagement, preferably with a focus on student-driven initiatives
- Strong Project Management and Facilitation skills
- Experience in Stakeholder Relations and Partnership Development
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal Communication Skills, preferably with experience in Social Marketing
- Strong IT/Social Networking skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated enthusiasm, creativity and strategic thinking/problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work with and build external ‘networks of influence’ and mobilize coalitions.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter and a writing sample (preferably a sample of health communication or social media related to health and/or community engagement) to:
The application deadline is Friday May 25, 2012 at midnight.
C2CC thanks all applicants for their interest; only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.