Deadline May 25, 2012
Maternity Leave Contract
Three (3) months--Full-time
Maternity Leave Term June 4, 2012-August 31, 2012
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
The Northumberland Family Health Team (21 physicians) is seeking a dynamic team player to join a new, innovative primary health care team. The Northumberland Family Health Team is a primary care organization based on a collaborative interdisciplinary model emphasizing health promotion and prevention and chronic disease management.
As a member of a multidisciplinary academic team, you will provide therapy to a wide range of patients with mild to moderate mental health issues through individual counselling, couple/family counselling and group formats. The Mental Health Worker will be a resource to family physicians and to other allied health professionals.
- Masters degree in Social Work or related field and Membership with corresponding College, as applicable and proof of professional liability insurance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Expertise in working with mental health diagnoses such as mood, and personality disorders, concurrent disorders and anxiety disorders.
- Experience with delivering specific therapeutic approaches such as cognitive behaviour therapy, brief solution focus approach etc.
- Experience in assessment and counselling in a primary care setting is an asset.
- Experience in program development, facilitation and evaluation.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
- Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting.
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume by May 25th to Tracy West at email@example.com. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.