North Bay, Ontario
Deadline May 22, 2012
Position: Community Health Promoter – OPSEU – Healthy Living Team
Hours of Work: Permanent - Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: To be Determined
Location: North Bay - Main Office, Parry Sound Branch or Burk’s Falls Branch
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Under the direction of the Program Manager, Healthy Living Team, the Community Health Promoter as a member of an interdisciplinary health profession team, works with municipalities, community partners, priority populations, hospitals, and workplaces to meet the requirements of the Chronic Disease Prevention Program Standard, Ontario Public Health Standards 2008 and the Smoke-Free Ontario Act. Work involves researching, planning, developing, implementing and evaluating a range of assessment and surveillance, comprehensive health promotion strategies and policy development, and health protection initiatives.
Education, Experience, Skills &Abilities:
- Baccalaureate degree (4 years) in health science or applied science (health promotion)
- Two years experience in community health promotion programming grounded in knowledge of community development process, health policy analysis and development, social marketing, mass communication, media advocacy, application of behaviour change theory and principles of adult education
- Experience in managing and coordinating health related projects
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups (e.g., business/workplace, health professionals)
- Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
- Demonstrated ability in program planning and evaluation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use computer technology including MS word, PowerPoint, Internet, email and database applications
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $29.39 to Maximum $33.08
Closing Date: May 22, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2012/006
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer