Champlain Region, Ontario
No deadline noted
The Champlain Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is one of fourteen CCACs in Ontario dedicated to supporting and enhancing the quality of life, independence, health and well-being of individuals in the community by offering a single point of access for community services and demonstrating leadership and excellence in community care.
A new initiative to the CCACs, the Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program is important to Ontario’s plan to improve services and support for children and youth with mental health and addictions needs. As part of the overall commitment through Ontario’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy, the program will help district school boards build the capacity to recognize and respond to student mental health and addiction issues.
The Champlain CCAC is looking for an experienced, achievement oriented, and bilingual manager to lead the School Mental Health Nursing Team, that will also contribute to the development and implementation of this exciting program.
Manager – School Mental Health Nursing Team
In this full-time management role, you will be responsible for developing the new Mental Health and Addictions Nurses in District School Boards Program and providing oversight for program delivery and communications.
Responsibilities will include: hiring a team of mental health nurses and ensuring the program aligns with Ministry goals; providing essential health related advice and support to the district school boards within your CCAC catchment area; assist in developing comprehensive board strategies to ensure a collaborative response to the mental health and addiction needs of students; overall program management including budgeting and scheduling as well as managing the team of mental health nurses responsible for recognizing and responding to student mental health addiction issues.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse (BScN)
- Demonstrated clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services, if provided for children and youth, this is an asset
- Demonstrated experience managing staff, providing direction and setting priorities
- Graduate degree in Nursing, Health Administration or equivalent is an asset.
- Knowledge of mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with multiple health disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop strong relationships with stakeholders
- Experience in program development and implementation an asset
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Oral and written fluency in both French and English is required
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. Travel will be required.
Location: Negotiable within the Champlain Region. The successful incumbent will be required to travel to Ottawa for the initial two (2) months of employment for training and program development purposes.
How to Apply: to [email protected]