Deadline June 6, 2012
Job ID #: 8176
1 Hughson St. N, 4th Floor.
Number Of Vacancies: 1
Union/Non-Union: Non Union Management Professional
Hours Of Work: 35.00 Per Week
Salary/Hour: $46.572 - $54.470 Per Hour
*Note: See appropriate collective agreement or the non union salary range for details.
*Note: This Vacancy is for a period of 18 months due to a special project.
Job Description ID #: 5527
Reporting to Director of Planning and Business Improvement, the Manager of Surveillance plans, organizes and manages the day to day operations of the Surveillance Unit including hiring, orientation, support and supervision of staff. Leads a team of staff who systematically collect, analyze, interpret and disseminate data for decision making in PHS in support of the Department’s vision, values, strategic goals and mandated services.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree in a health discipline or a related discipline pertinent to job functions combined with relevant management training and management experience ideally in one of the following areas: sexual health, TB, Vaccine preventable diseases, infectious diseases or environmental health. Postgraduate degree in epidemiology, public health or a health
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in public health, particularly infectious disease, communicable disease control and surveillance.
- Progressively responsible management experience, preferably in public health or municipal services sector.
- Proven ability to foster staff, work teams and organizational development towards excellence in service delivery. Possess a demonstrated record of strong leadership and guidance, customer focus, innovation/creativity, team advocacy, staff delegation, empowerment, staff development and results orientation.
- Ability to make decisions in critical situations in the absence of complete information. Ability to assess potential risks and recommend steps necessary to reduce or eliminate that risk.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to build relationships with elected officials, government departments, management, front-line staff, community agencies, businesses and the general public
- Skills in financial management and policies, including analytical, problem-solving and business planning skills. Skills in developing, implementing and monitoring division budgets.
- The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
- We invite you to visit the departmental webpage to obtain further information on the culture and business of this department.
- The incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this position and the workplace.
- It is the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licences and related experience relevant to the qualifications outlined above with their application for this competition and ensure that their application reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all applicants.
- The statements made by me are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for dismissal.
Apply online at http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/Careers/Jobs-at-the-City.htm.