Deadline June 29, 2012
Hours of work: 28 hours per week
Location: 3 days, Merrickville, 1 day Smiths Falls Ontario
Rideau Community Health Services is a fully accredited non-profit organization in operation for over 30 years providing primary health care with an emphasis on illness prevention, health promotion and community development. We are seeking a Social Worker (M.S.W./M.A.), based in the Merrickville and District Community Health Centre, to join our interprofessional team of nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, and community health workers.
The therapist will be a member of a collaborative, interprofessional team with an emphasis on health promotion and preventative practices. The job description involves providing short term counselling\crisis intervention, family and group work services while operating within the values and objectives of the community health centre. The role also includes outreach, community work, advocacy, information and referral. This person will be working 3 days per week in our Merrickville office and 1 day per week in our Smiths Falls office.
- Masters degree in Social Work or Psychology, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current and unrestricted registration with appropriate professional college.
- Minimum of three (3) years counselling experience.
- Solid knowledge of mental health and social services field.
- Knowledge of mental health issues and system\resources.
- Demonstrated ability in individual, group, family and relationship counseling, crisis intervention and group facilitation.
- High sensitivity to psychosocial, social, mental health and health needs of clients.
- Experience with a wide range of groups e.g. low income, disabled, youth etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as effectively as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Committed to the core philosophies, values and vision of Community Health Centres
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by Friday, June 29:
Mona Wynn, Health Promotion Coordinator
Smiths Falls Community Health Centre
2 Gould Street
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 2S5
Email: [email protected]