North Bay, Ontario
Deadline June 18, 2012
Job #PH/2012/002 – Re-Posted
Position: Public Health Inspector – OPSEU – Environmental Health Team
Hours Of Work: Temporary - Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 Fte)
Effective: As Soon As Possible To January 31, 2013 With A Possible Extension To May 24, 2013 (Subject To Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave Of Absence
Working as a member of the Environmental Health team, the incumbent is responsible for carrying out inspections and investigations under the provision of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and its regulations, reporting on public health related programs such as food safety, drinking water, general and institutional sanitation, collecting and submitting samples for laboratory analysis and interpreting the results.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate in Environmental Health
- Current Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada) or equivalent
- Current member in good standing with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI)
- Two years field experience in an Environmental Health program
- Experience in program planning and evaluation, inventory monitoring and control, and statistical data management
- Self motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to respond to varied and shared tasks associated with working in a positive team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including proposals, briefs, and annual reports
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills in word processing, data management and internet
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work flex hours/on call as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $36.80 to Maximum $41.42 (plus 4% vacation pay and 4% in lieu of public holidays)
Closing Date: June 18, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2012/002 – Re-Posted
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
or E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer