Deadline July 6, 2012
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a Determinants of Health Nurse for its Communicable Disease Control Department in the Lindsay office.
As a member of the Communicable Disease Control Department, the Determinants of Health Nurse is accountable for the implementation of the assigned Requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS), and other duties as assigned by the assigned department Management Team. Areas of emphasis include providing enhanced supports to address the program and service needs of specific, and sometimes hard-to-reach, populations impacted most negatively by determinants of health in the health unit area.
All Registered Nurses employed by HKPRDHU are required to maintain competency in immunization and participate in clinics as required.
The Determinants of Health Nurse is expected to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to apply, adapt, choose and/or recommend changes to established methods, procedures or policies and/or to develop new procedures to complete assigned work.
Direction is to be sought when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or are not within the intent of established practices including but not limited to Nursing scope of practice.
The position involves travel throughout the district and variations of the working day.
Visit http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Portals/0/PDF%20Files/DOH%20position%20description... for a pdf file with the full details about the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- A University Degree in Nursing
- Qualifications of a Public Health Nurse as defined by the Health Protection and Promotion Act
- Experience working with priority populations, community mobilization and capacity building
- Proof of current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Front Line Provider
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP level)
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- A valid “G” driver's license and access to a vehicle for work
Salary Range: $69,196-$75,985
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by July 6, 2012 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.