No deadline noted
Position Senior Program Specialist, Health Professional Education & Knowledge Translation
Reports to: Manager, Health Professional Education
Status: Full Time, Permanent
This position will bring clinical and program management expertise, as well as knowledge in adult education/ e-learning, to support and enhance the Foundation’s knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) efforts for healthcare professionals.
The Senior Program Specialist will be responsible for content development/program design, maintaining strong partnerships with external and internal stakeholders and the oversight of Health Professional Education KTE deliverables, including Heart and Stroke healthcare professionals web portal (www.heartandstroke.ca/hcp), resources for the healthcare community and KTE programs such as the Heart&Stroke Clinical Update, the Stroke Collaborative, and the Heart&Stroke Hypertension Collaborative.
This position will also assist in the planning and development of future KTE and e-learning initiatives for healthcare professionals.
Program Design and Development
- Design structure and create agendas for HPE programs, incorporating healthcare practices and knowledge exchange principles
- Manage key program stakeholders’ relationships, includes co-chairing with Ontario Stroke Network (OSN) Best Practice Lead and supporting Professional Education Advisory Committee (PEAC) chair to drive program agenda development
- Drive and manage HPE program accreditation process, includes adherence to accreditation application standards / requirements
- Lead and supervise to ensure all program elements comply with professional and industry guidelines, as well as all HSF finance, risk management, privacy, purchasing and other policies
- Support Manager in future KTE program developments
- Ensure delivery against program critical paths. Work collaboratively with Associate Manager to ensure all program elements are delivered on time and within budget
- Oversee service provider recruitment with the support of Associate Manager
- Oversee delivery and maximize reach of HPE supported KTE cardiology and neurology lectureships in collaboration with PEAC members, medical schools, and other stakeholders
- Proactively identify challenges, devise contingency plans and supervise trouble shooting implementation efforts at all stages of the programs
- Lead and organize program debrief meetings
- Analyze post event evaluations and provide recommendations to enhance future KTE undertakings
- Recruit and engage, speakers/ presenters from the healthcare and/or research communities to participate in HPE programs in consultation and collaboration with Manager, Health Professional Education, and appropriate stakeholder and/or advisory committees.
- Lead the liaison with speakers/ presenters with diplomacy. Provide support to ensure accuracy, relevancy, and unbiased nature of all presentation elements
- Communicate risk management expectations, ensure acknowledgement and consensus on conflict of interest declaration, presentation releases, and code of professional conduct etc.
- Address speakers/ presenters’ program requests at all program stages
- Lead the development, preparation, and implementation of speakers acknowledgement, including ensuring accuracy of all speakers’/presentation information at all program stages
- Business Partners and Corporate Engagement
- Support Corporate Engagement business in contract review and the development of sponsorship engagement materials to ensure validity and accuracy
- Develop and monitor stewardship critical paths for managing the fulfillment of benefits and obligations in support of Corporate Engagement activation and stewardship
- Address business partners/ Corporate Engagement team’s requests at all program stages
- Advisory Committee/ healthcare organizations
- Serve as the program staff support for Ontario Stroke Network (OSN), Regional Education Coordinators (OREG) and other healthcare partners
- Serve as the program staff support for Professional Education Advisory Committee (PEAC) on programs and lectureship matters
- Collaborate with OSN and Ontario Regional Education Group (OREG) to manage stroke resources
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of HPE resources based on KTE principles and clinical guidelines/best practices
- Devise and implement effective promotion plans to maximize reach
- Lead the tracking and forecasting of HPE resources. Administer resources production with the support of Associate Manager
- Manage customer requests pertaining to HPE resources
Program Promotion and Communications
- Support Manager to work cross functionally with Communications, Parent Brand, Marketing and Mission Content teams or service providers on program communications development
- Devise and provide recommendations on cost effective promotion mix and promotion channels to engage healthcare communities
- Lead, supervise, and collaborate with key program stakeholders to create preliminary and final programs, includes managing the production schedule and the assembly and validation of program and speakers/presenters/session information
- Supervise the implementation of program promotion plan, including materials production and dissemination etc., to maximize program exposure
- Web Portal and E-Learning Initiatives Support
- Manage web content editing and publishing of all elements on the HCP Portal to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Supervise the maintenance of HPE client database, includes the management of data suppression
- Support Manager on the web portal review/ and revitalization process
- Support Manager on the development of future online/E-Learning Initiatives
- Program Performance Management
- Design and implement, with the support of evaluation team, program performance matrixes for future KTE program planning
- Analyze effectiveness, efficiencies and performance of individual programs with the support of evaluation team
- Financial Management and Risk Management
- Assist Manager in tracking program financial performance
Other duties as required by the HPE portfolio.
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems.
- Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate.
- Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth. Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Acts with integrity by promoting consistency among principles, values and behaviours. Adapts communication style as appropriate. Self-aware, committed to professional and personal growth.
Internal Lateral Relationships:
- Mission Content team
- Evaluation team
- Research team
- Corporate Engagement and Philanthropic Marketing team
- Communications, Marketing and Parent Brand team
- Health Information Services team
- Finance and Risk & Control team
- Demand Planning Team
- Purchasing and Supply Chain team
- IT and Business Solutions team
- Customer Service team
- Advisory committee and other senior volunteers
- Program speakers/presenters, primarily healthcare professionals such as physicians, nurses, and allied healthcare providers
- Sponsors and corporate partners
- Vendors and service providers
- Ability to successfully manage program with clinical and program management experience
- Manage complex relationships with senior volunteers
- Multitask in a fast- paced, multi-projects environment
- Ability to proactively manage assigned programs
- Ability to balance analytical, operational and creative thinking
- Adherence to multiple department policies and procedures
- Working in a deadline driven environment
- Manage HPE events/ programs including the Heart&Stroke Clinical Update, the Stroke Collaborative, and the Heart&Stroke Hypertension Collaborative, Lectureships, and administration of web portal, and resources
- Relationship Management with senior volunteers and healthcare groups
- University degree in clinical health related disciplines. Disciplines under the Regulated Health Professions Act highly preferred.
- Strong clinical background with a minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare (especially in the Stroke system)
- Understanding Knowledge Translation and Exchange (KTE) and adult learning principles and / or experience in applying KTE in program development
- Experience in developing and managing Mainpro and Maincert CME programs
- Knowledge in professional and industry guidelines such as CMA policy, Rx&D Guidelines, Natural Health Products Directorate and PAAB etc.
- Forward thinking self starter who demonstrates the ability to take initiative and to manage projects independently
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills, especially with healthcare professionals and researchers
- Team player with superior communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Formal education/training in project /program management preferred
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Department
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor,
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Please include the exact job title, including location in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.