Deadline June 23, 2012
Job Posting – Observational Job Shadowing (OJS) Coordinator-Case Manager
1 Full Time- (37.5 hours/week- Permanent)
CARE Centre is a bridge training initiative designed to provide supports and services to internationally educated nurses (IENs) living in Ontario so that they can practice and excel in their profession in the shortest time possible. Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, CARE Centre is a multi-partner initiative that invents, co-ordinates and delivers flexible, client-focused education and support services such as: sector-specific language training, case management services, job shadowing and exam preparation activities.
We are looking for an individual who is able to work closely, flexibly and energetically with a small staff team in a principled and pragmatic way in working towards the achievement of the Centre’s mission and goals.
- Reporting to the Regional Manager, and working closely with the entire CARE team, the OJS Coordinator-Case Manager provides leadership with respect to the Observational Job Shadowing component of the program for all locations of CARE including, Toronto, Peel, Hamilton, London, Windsor and Kingston and surrounding areas.
- The OJS Coordinator-Case Manager will perform outreach and work with health care organizations in the various geographic communities where CARE is present, including hospitals, community health centres, long term care, public health etc., to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of observational job shadowing opportunities for eligible CARE members.
- With respect to IENs/CARE members wishing to participate in the OJS program component, the OJS Coordinator-Case Manager will ensure that they understand the overall purpose of this program component, that they establish their learning goals and provide all of the necessary information and documentation required by the heath care organization where they are to be placed.
- As well, the Observational Job Shadowing Coordinator-Case Manager will provide case management services for a pool of CARE members providing guidance, support, information, and resources to Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN’s) reflecting the mission and goals of CARE Centre in order to enable individuals to meet their professional goals.
Education, professional designations and experience:
- Preferably Bachelors in Nursing or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective partnerships with a wide range of diverse organizations
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong counseling skills and highly developed case management skills
- Demonstrated experience in community outreach and partnership development
- Keen understanding of the barriers faced by IENs in Ontario and a demonstrated capacity to develop and implement programs to effectively respond to these barriers
- Experience in, and understanding of, the Canadian health care system
- Cross cultural competency and experience of working with people from diverse culture backgrounds
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English – written, verbal and presentation skills
- Program planning and coordination skills and experience
- Exceptional critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexibly within a dynamic and highly evolving environment
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and team skills
- Proficient computer skills with demonstrated experience and commitment to maintaining electronic client data base
- Multiple language skills an asset
- Travel as required
Please send a resume with cover letter by June 23, 2012 to:
CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses
45 Sheppard Ave East, Suite 512
Toronto, ON M2N 5W9
Attention: Hiring Committee
Or Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARE Centre is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.