Deadline June 22, 2012
Highway 7 and Woodbine Avenue
The Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA) is the largest long term care association in Ontario and the only association that represents the full mix of long term care operators—not-for-profit, charitable, municipal and private sector. OLTCA members operate over 430 long term care homes in communities throughout the province, providing care and service to some 50,000 residents.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated student with experience writing for the web, content management systems, including Drupal, and relational databases.
The ideal candidate is technically savvy, has a background in communications and public affairs, and information technology, as well as an interest or experience in issues related to the fields of Long Term Care, Gerontology, or Library sciences.
Specific work tasks and responsibilities
OLTCA is in the process of revamping our website so that it has more of a consumer focus, is easy to navigate, and has greater relevance for seniors and families considering their long term care options. Working with the Director of Communications and Public Affairs and Communications Coordinator, the successful applicant will refresh, develop and upload content for our many web pages, work effectively with OLTCA subject matter experts and content owners, and be able to source and validate information independently. The final deliverable will be a more modern, functional and consumer friendly website.
Wage Range: $ 11 to $ 14/hr
Start date July 3rd and end date August 31st
Work Hours: 35/hr/week
- Currently pursuing a college or university degree in Communications, Website development, or related discipline
As this position will be funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program: Program requirements
- Was enrolled full time as a student in a College or University program in the preceding academic year
- Intends to return to College or University on a full time basis as a student during the next academic year
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please forward your resume in confidence via email to email@example.com by June 22, 2012. Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone enquiries please. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.