North Bay, Ontario
Deadline July 3, 2012
Position: Manager – Planning and Evaluation - Management/Non Union
Hours of Work: Temporary - Full-Time - 35 Hours Per Week
Effective: October 8, 2012 to October 7, 2013(Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Corporate Services, the Manager, Planning and Evaluation is responsible for providing operational leadership to the Planning and Evaluation Team. The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the delivery of their program and service. The Manager will oversee Communications, Planning, Research, Surveillance & Evaluation.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health, or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in a public health setting
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience at a managerial level including supervisory skills
- Competencies in public health sciences, assessment &analysis, policy & program planning and evaluation, partnership & collaboration, communication, socio-cultural, and leadership & systems approaches
- Understanding of Epidemiology, Research, Surveillance & Evaluation
- Knowledge of internal and external Communications Principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to varied and shared tasks associated with team functioning
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Applications, data management software, and the internet.
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to research and prepare proposals and briefs
- Ability to work flex hours to meet program needs as required
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Annual Salary: Minimum $75,023 to Maximum $88,262 (under review)
Closing Date: July 3, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2012/024
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.