Deadline July 16, 2012
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time experienced Family Home Visitor to work under the direction of the Manager of the Best Beginnings Program Team within Family Health Services. Working collaboratively with a Public Health Nurse and a Social Worker in the Healthy Babies Healthy Children program, the Family Home Visitor provides peer support to selected high risk families in the community through an extensive home visiting program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, mentoring, modeling and coaching parents in the areas of positive parenting, child growth and development, solving everyday challenges and connecting with community supports and resources.
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous employment, volunteer or life experience delivering education and/or support services to parents and children
- Knowledge of community resources
- Good computer and clerical skills to perform tasks accurately, effectively and efficiently
- Good organizational and problem solving skills with ability to deal with conflict
- English speaking and writing skills, and the ability to speak French and other languages, such as Arabic would be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable transportation
Flexible work hours are required. Preference will be given to those with previous home visiting experience and experience working with priority populations, including multicultural and vulnerable populations.
Please visit http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services offered by the Middlesex-London Health Unit. We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply no later than July 16, 2012, quoting posting # FHSFTFHV-0612/01, to:
Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street
London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public’s health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.